Spring Forum 2019: Consumer Empowerment: What’s Changing in Healthcare as we Expect More of Consumers?
- Event Date:
- April 3, 2019
- Event Time:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
93 Worcester Street (Route 9)
Wellesley, MA 02481
Join us for dinner and a panel discussion!
Moderator: Claudine Swartz, Strategic Policy Solutions, LLC
- Andrew Le, MD, CEO and Co-Founder, Buoy Health
- Eileen McAnneny, President, Massachusetts Taxpayer Foundation
- Katie Catlender, VP of Customer Experience Strategy & Operations, BCBS of MA
Remember the days when you visited the doctor when sick, picked up your medication at the local pharmacy, and had few out-of-pocket expenses?
Today, we’re self-diagnosing via online tools, tracking our heart rates and steps, and using message portals to contact clinician. In short, we’re engaging more and the healthcare industry increasingly wants consumers to:
- Understand costs & choose the right source of care;
- Monitor physical activity & diet;
- Utilize self-service tools; and
- Engage with a care manager at their provider or health plan.
How is this reality shaping the healthcare industry? Key questions we’ll explore in this panel discussion:
- How are payers & providers shifting practices to engage consumers?
- What consumer needs are start-ups fulfilling?
- How are employers supporting consumers?
- What role does government play in supporting increased consumer engagement?