Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
WHCM members are part of a powerful networking and career development organization with an impressive track record of supporting women professionals in developing their careers in the healthcare industry. WCHM is the only member-supported, all-volunteer Massachusetts organization dedicated to the advancement of women in healthcare careers.
WHCM members come from all segments of the healthcare industry, including:
- Healthcare delivery systems, including hospitals, ambulatory care settings, home healthcare, and long term care
- Public health
- Information technology
- Health plans/ insurance
- Healthcare law and regulatory affairs
- Biotech and pharma
- Medical devices
- Marketing and public relations
WHCM strives to email members new job listings every two weeks. These are some examples of previously posted jobs:
- Manager, Quality & Process Improvement Programs
- Research, Design and Development Analyst
- Practice Improvement Facilitator, academic medical center
- Director of Nursing and Clinical Services, cancer center
- Senior Financial Analyst, academic medical center
- Senior Development Officer, large philanthropic organization
- Project Manager, health information exchange
- Evaluator/Research Associate, management consulting firm
- Healthcare Networks Manager, health plan
- Provider Relations Representative, Medicare Advantage Plan
- Director of Quality (IPA)
- Director of Clinical Operations, medical center
- Vice President, Provider Network Management (Health Plan)
- Analyst, Clinical Programs (Health Plan)
- IT Consultant – Data Warehouse Architect (IPA)
- Case Management Nurse Manager (Academic Medical Center)
- VP, Operations (Hospital Association)
- Marketing Communications Manager (Health Plan)
- Quality Assessment, Performance Improvement (Home Healthcare Agency)
- RN Clinical Consultant, Provider Network Performance (Health Plan)
Build solid professional relationships with WHCM members in leadership roles and all career levels in all segments of the healthcare industry at free or minimal cost networking events throughout the year.
Develop leadership skills by volunteering for a WHCM committee or through election to the Board.
Member Directory Listing
Gain access to, and inclusion in, our members-only online directory — an outstanding resource for connecting with dedicated women professionals in your industry.
Stay current on issues impacting the healthcare industry by attending free or deeply reduced-fee Fall and Spring dinner education events with speakers and educators from healthcare sectors impacting your role.
Get practical tools and advice by attending WHCM career development events on topics such as negotiation, resume building, interviewing.
Receive newly-posted professional job postings through the members-only WHCM job bank.
I would never be where I am today if it was not for the friendships I developed with my WHCM colleagues! It is so important to build and maintain your networks to help you reach your goals. WHCM offers a wide range of networking opportunities and career advice for women at all stages of career development.