Spring Forum 2019: Consumer Empowerment: What’s Changing in Healthcare as we Expect More of Consumers?
Join us for dinner and a panel discussion!
Remember the days when you visited the doctor when sick, picked up your medication at the local pharmacy, and had few out-of-pocket expenses?
Today, we’re self-diagnosing via online tools, tracking our heart rates and steps, and using message portals to contact clinician. In short, we’re engaging more and the healthcare industry increasingly wants consumers to:
- Understand costs & choose the right source of care;
- Monitor physical activity & diet;
- Utilize self-service tools; and
- Engage with a care manager at their provider or health plan.
How is this reality shaping the healthcare industry? Key questions we’ll explore in this panel discussion:
- How are payers & providers shifting practices to engage consumers?
- What consumer needs are start-ups fulfilling?
- How are employers supporting consumers?
- What role does government play in supporting increased consumer engagement?
Watch this space for panel speakers coming soon.